1/2 lb Large Shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Tbsp Fresh lemon juice
Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
3 Tbsp Bacon grease
1 Small onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup Finely chopped green bell pepper
2 Tbsp All-purpose flour
1 cup chicken stock
1. In a bowl, sprinkle the Shrimp with lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
2. Heat the bacon grease in a skillet and saute the onion and pepper over medium heat until the onion begins to become transparent (about 10 minutes).
3. Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables and stir constantly for about 2 minutes, until the flour begins to brown.
4. Add the Shrimp and chicken stock, stirring constantly.
5. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the Shrimp are cooked through and the gravy is uniformly smooth, thinning with a little extra water or stock if necessary.
6. Serve immediately over the grits.